Next Steps – backpack the Three Castles Walk
Our next steps weekends are put together to be achievable first backpacking weekends for women who have previous camping experience and would enjoy a simple introduction or reintroduction to carrying their kit for a weekend.
Spaces are strictly limited to 10 people including myself. Please check how many people are signed up before adding yourself as going. We will operate a waiting list once the event is full.
We will be staying on a campsite in Monmouthshire – please note there are composting toilets, a fresh water tap, but no showers! You will need to bring £10 cash with you to pay for the campsite.
You will need (as a minimum):
- Clothes and shoes suitable for the weather
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping mat
- Food (and a way to cook/prepare it)
- Water for day 1
- Spare clothes / sleeping clothes
- Personal first aid kit and any medications
We will have some kit available to loan if you’re short of one or two bits. Please leave a comment and we can discuss what’s available.
- Day 1 – 9am start at Grosmont (parking tbc). Begin trail anti-clockwise to White Castle, and finish at “Red Sky at Night” campsite. Approximately 11 miles. The day starts with a climb up to “Edmunds Tump”, a reasonable level of fitness will be required for this.
- Day 2 – hike to Skenfrith and back to Grosmont (Approx. 8 miles).
Please do consider supporting the Love Her Wild community by becoming a Patreon! Not only will you be helping women in accessing the outdoors, but there are great benefits including giveaways and access to an exclusive newsletter.