SATURDAY, 3 AUGUST 2019
***Applications are now closed***
Have you always dreamed of climbing a mountain but have never had the chance or the confidence to take the necessary steps? Well, now is your opportunity to make this dream a reality. Love Her Wild is on the look out for women from all walks of life who have never before summited a mountain. As a team you will be taking on your First Mountain together and using the story to inspire others in our community!
Not heard of Love Her Wild before? Check out our ‘about‘ page.
Our small team of 8 will be taking on one of the UK’s most famous mountains, Snowdon. The views are stunning (assuming the clouds work in our favour!) and the comfortable track makes it an ideal first-time summit. Although you need to have a baseline fitness (we will help you with some tips to get ready), this is not a race. The pace will be slow and steady. The team supportive and non-judgmental.
The hike may take anywhere between 7-9 hours and the weather may turn at any time. Although there is shelter on the summit, you should come prepared to take on the elements.
This will be a tough day but the rewards when you reach the summit and the feeling of acmplishment will stay with you for a long time.
This expedition is being led by the brilliant Jan Phillips. Jan lives in North Wales and is an experienced Mountain Leader who knows the area well. She is passionate about getting more women outdoors and will be on hand throughout the journey to help get you ready.
Thanks to the guys at Salomon, all First Mountain team members are going to be kitted out with the basics to make sure you are safe and prepared on the mountain. You will receive a pair of hiking boots, an outdoor jacket and a comfortable hiking backpack. The gear will be yours to keep so you can continue adventuring following your Snowdon hike.
This expedition is also going to be turned into a short film so that your story can continue to inspire women who need the motivation and encouragement to take their first steps in adventuring! We aren’t looking for movie stars….just real women who want to embrace this challenge in 2019.
Need to know
There are 8 spaces available for this expedition. It is free to apply and join the expedition. To apply, please fill out the application below before the end of January when teammates will be chosen.
By applying you agree to the following:
– you must be a member of the Love Her Wild Facebook group
– are free on the 3rd August when the hike will take place and are able to get yourself to and from the start. Although the expedition and kit will be provided free of charge, you are responsible for covering any transport and accommodation costs.
– starting the hike with a baseline fitness and suitable health ready to complete a climb (if you are unsure about this the best person to ask is your GP)
– wearing warm and suitable outdoor clothing on the day of the hike (you should avoid wearing jeans or cotton as they take a long time to dry if they get wet….gym clothes work well for hiking and fleeces!)
– being filmed, photographed and interviewed for promotional purposes. This won’t dominate your day as the filming will be about capturing the story in an organic way
– being a supportive, patient and compassionate team member
Applications are now closed.
If you have any questions please do get in touch – [email protected].
Go on…..what have you got to lose?!